Being an effective teacher is A MUST.
Some of teachers do it smoothly; they encourage their students well; keeping them in the right track, and so on.
Is it enough???
Big NO, NO,,,
I'll share you some points of being an effective teacher. From some literature I found same roles: it's common roles but not all of teacher know how to act just like the roles mean.
According to Brown (2001), Harmer (2007a, 2007b), teachers' roles are:
- Controller: giving rules in the classroom related to the classroom activities
- Organizer: managing the classroom activities well
- Assessor: could assess the students in every process they are in
- Prompter: teach students the language system
- Participant: being involved in the classroom activities
- Resource → helpful but not spoon-feeding
- Observer → student / material / activities
- Tutor → intimate help